Finding the right employment match
A supportive job can be essential to independence for any adult, including those with developmental disabilities.
Through Transitional Job Support, we match an individual to a job of their choosing and then empower them to achieve as much independence as possible, while building natural supports in partnership with their employer.
From practicing interview answers to planning for reliable transportation, KDC helps to connect our individuals with employers who are committed to a supportive work environment. We continue working with both sides to maintain open communication, even after initial training is completed.
Services We Offer
KDC staff assist both the employee and their employer to ensure a smooth transition through the hiring, training, and supervision stages.
Specific services include
- Build skills for the job search, including resume writing
- Assist in the interview process, from practice to follow-up
- Support on-the-job training to assist both the employer and employee
- Formulate creative strategies to assist an individual to perform job duties when accommodations are needed
- Maintain open lines of communication between the individual and the supervisor to ensure job success
Who We Support
Transitional Job Support has a closed referral process from the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), for eligible adults.
KDC Transitional Job Support staff are based in our service communities and work closely with employers. We are committed to job placements that ensure support for individuals with developmental disabilities, and our team understands the importance of building natural supports for both employment skills and open communication.