Become a Foster Parent
If you share KDC’s belief that every child deserves a caring and stable home, you may be an eligible foster parent. KDC does not require prior experience. We work with prospective foster parents to complete all training and certifications needed, and we provide ongoing support for all foster families.
KDC supports children in foster care who range from birth through 22 years of age. Whenever possible, the goal is family preservation or reunification with the birth family. We empower all family members to build skills and create opportunities for success, through a range of specialized Foster Care and Family Services.
KDC provides foster parents with:
- Our thoughtful approach to placements, pairing a foster parent’s strengths to a child’s needs, and supporting pre-placement connections.
- Comprehensive support, from training to ongoing case management
- Tax-free stipend – amount is based on the program*
- Additional financial support for the child’s clothing, holiday, and birthday needs
- Respite care and emergency on-call support
*Note: Complex Medical Care parents are hired as KDC employees with salary/benefits and receive other benefits, in addition to the stipend.
The KDC Difference
Our vision is a world where every child and family thrive, no matter the circumstances. We see KDC as partners in the journeys of birth families, foster families, and the children we serve. With our range of clinical and community experience, KDC supports children in foster care at every stage of their development and ensures that foster parents are prepared to do the same.
In addition to sharing our vision, to foster with KDC, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- Successfully pass required background checks
- Have no more than four children living in the home (including the foster child)
- Pass a physical inspection of your home
- Complete MAPP training