Group living options for independent minds
KDC knows that personal choice and privacy are essential to successful community housing. We help adults find the right match.
KDC community residences offer a variety of group living arrangements. Our community housing staff collaborate with residents to provide long-term, stable living situations where individuals can connect with one another and with the community.
People with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) might need just a little assistance to maintain independent living, or they might need more hands-on support for personal care. Two of KDC’s group residences are specifically for individuals with ABI.
Services We Offer
Each home tailors its support program to the unique need of its residents.
In general, services consist of
- 24/7 supervision and care
- Individual service plans for each resident
- Medical and behavioral oversight
Housing programs can help
- Daily living skills development and practice
- Coordination with KDC Day Habilitation, education and employment options where residents are engaged during the day
- Other social and recreation support in the community
Who We Support
Group residences can be good options for a wide range of adults with developmental disabilities or conditions. KDC can help to assess which type of residential support is best for each individual. Residential services under the ABI/MFP Waiver provides an opportunity for the person with an ABI to live in their own home.