Creating space for caregivers and connections for individuals
Respite care supports positive self-care for all members of families affected by developmental disabilities.
Respite care is part of KDC’s comprehensive range of services to ensure that all individuals with disabilities and their caregivers can flourish. Every caregiver needs time for themselves, and every individual with a disability benefits from caring relationships with adults outside of their own families.
Services We Offer
KDC respite providers allow families to take a break from the daily routines and challenges of caring for a family member with a disability.
Services may include
- Social and recreational outings, like community events, movies, or shopping
- Skill-building and life skills coaching
- Overnight supervision at the family’s home or the respite care provider’s home
Respite care can help
- Support time for self-care by family caregivers
- On-call assistance for emergency respite services
- Build caring relationships with adults outside of the family
Who We Support
KDC offers scheduled and emergency respite services for households where a family member with a disability lives at home, and for individuals with disabilities who live independently in the community.
Depending on the individual’s needs, respite services can be provided in their own home, in the community, or in the home of the respite care provider. All care providers are screened and trained by KDC, and must pass background check, driving, and home inspection requirements.