Web Accessibility Policy
Kennedy-Donovan Center knows that accessibility is a critical piece of empowerment. We are committed to accessibility in our programming and online. This accessibility policy summarizes our practices to ensure that all individuals, including persons with disabilities, have access to information and services on our website. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our policies or need assistance accessing any resources.
KDC aims to meet the following accessibility standards: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA to ensure our digital offerings are ADA Compliant.
Some ways that KDC meets these standards include:
- We maintain a consistent and predictable layout throughout our website
- We ensure that all text to background color contrast meets a 4.5:1 ratio
- Main images are also assigned descriptive alt-text
- Our website is navigable by keyboard only, without a mouse
- We use a focus indicator to highlight interactive elements on our website
- We provide closed captioning on all videos
- We provide text transcripts for all video and audio resources
- We include a skip navigation link on all pages of our website
In addition, we continually review our website and social media channels to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
To ensure that KDC.org is accessible, we have taken the following steps:
- We retain a third-party, independent web accessibility specialist to audit our digital offerings (website, documents, app) and to advise us on best practices in web accessibility
- We invite feedback from all website users to improve accessibility
Through our good faith commitment to accessibility, we believe we meet and exceed the digital accessibility requirements imposed by Title I, II, & III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 & 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Again, KDC is committed to accessibility in our programming and online. If you know of a way we can improve, we’d appreciate your suggestions. You can email us at email@example.com