KDC’s IFFS provides short-term, intensive case management to families who are in crisis and at risk of out-of-home placements for their child or adult with developmental disabilities.
Through IFFS, a family works with KDC for 6-12-months and specifically focuses on concentrated and intensive supports in response to identified needs. The program goal is to build the family’s ability to successfully support their child at home, with other KDC program assistance as needed.
Family-centered services include
- Identification of needs and agreed-upon goals and objectives
- Intensive staff assistance and supports to work on these established goals
- Identification of referrals and facilitated access to additional resources to benefit the family and child
- Assistance in the coordination of specific supports, including medical services, therapies, behavior training, and educational services
- Education, training, and referral for parents/caregivers in how to better care for their family member and meet their needs