Shared lives and rewarding relationships
KDC works closely with individuals with developmental disabilities and prospective caregivers to create shared living partnerships.
We believe that all individuals should live in the most supportive and least restrictive setting possible. With our thoughtful matching, customized supports, and dedicated caregivers, the individuals we serve experience success every day.
Services We Offer
Through personalized plans, we ensure a wide range of ongoing supports for adults with developmental disabilities.
- Extensive interviews with both client and prospective caregivers
- Several meetings before any match is finalized, to ensure a good fit
- Case management by KDC case workers
- 24/7 emergency on-call support
- Respite Care – based upon the care recipient’s needs
Who We Support
Shared Living is for adults, ages 22 and older, who are referred and funded by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS). Participants are required to live with a caregiver who is not a family member.
KDC ensures that all caregivers receive comprehensive initial and ongoing training, including CPR/First Aid Certification and additional, tailored trainings depending upon the individual needs of the care recipient.