Family Support Center
Developmental disabilities affect the whole family
Each family knows their own strengths and needs best of all. KDC can help.
Our Family Support Center (FSC) is designed to help families navigate the most effective services for their specific situation. Family support services are flexible and able to adapt as each family’s needs, roles, and ages change.
KDC believes that families know best what assistance they need.
Services We Offer
The FSC assists children and adults with developmental disabilities to attain their highest levels of independence.
Services consist of
- Family training and education, including Parent Networking
- Ongoing service navigation
- Community connections and social recreation activities, including:
- Planned activities over school vacations
- Movement classes such as Zumba, Balance & Strength, and Yoga
- Administration of Flexible Funds for relevant services
- Intensive Flexible Family Support for crisis support
FSC can help
- Self-advocacy coaching for individuals and families
- Skill-building classes for children and adults
- Social connections for all family members
- Information and resource referral, including our resource library
Who We Support
If your child or a family member has a developmental disability, please contact us. Whether or not you are currently eligible for Department of Disabilities Services (DDS) assistance, KDC will help to guide you in the right direction.
KDC has been working with clients and caregivers through Family Support Centers for nearly three decades. Our team’s experience helps each family to create a service plan that best suits their strengths and needs. A resource library and drop-in hours also offer opportunities for families meet our staff, who are experts in their local communities and work to support each family.