Ensuring a caring, stable home
Children come into foster care for many reasons and they all need a safe, nurturing environment. Our goal is to ensure a caring and stable home for every child that relies on KDC for support.
KDC’s Intensive Foster Care program provides a continuum of services that promotes children and youth living in a safe, nurturing environment through careful foster care placement. KDC collaborates with other agencies, school departments, therapists and medical staff to ensure every child, along with their birth and/or foster families, is supported by a comprehensive treatment team.
If you share KDC’s belief that every child deserves a caring and stable home, you may be an eligible foster parent. We do not require prior experience. We work with prospective foster parents to complete all training and certifications needed, and we provide ongoing support for all foster families.
Services We Offer
- Our thoughtful approach to placements, pairing a foster parent’s strengths to a child’s needs, and supporting pre-placement connections.
- Comprehensive support, from training to ongoing case management
- Tax-free stipend – amount is based on the program*
- Additional financial support for the child’s clothing, holiday, and birthday needs
- Respite care and emergency on-call support
*Complex Medical Care parents are hired as KDC employees with salary/benefits and receive other benefits, in addition to the stipend.
Who We Support
In partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families (DCF), KDC provides specialized care for children and youth from birth to 22 with a wide variety of needs:
- Mild to severe medical needs, cerebral palsey, or seizure disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Pervasive Developmental Delays
- Infants born exposed to/dependent on substances
- Developmental disabilities
- Behavioral challenges requiring therapeutic intervention
In addition to sharing our vision, to foster with KDC, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- Successfully pass required background checks
- Have no more than four children living in the home (including the foster child)
- Pass a physical inspection of your home
- Complete MAPP training
We see KDC as partners in the journeys of birth families, foster families, and the children we serve. With our range of clinical and community experience, KDC supports children in foster care at every stage of their development and ensures that foster parents are prepared to do the same.