Empowering adults to live independently in the community
KDC’s in-home assistance ensures that individuals with developmental disabilities are community members, too.
Our Supported Living services are personalized for each adult to promote growth through skill-building, and to build and sustain their connections within the community. KDC creates individual support plans to address specific needs and to minimize individual risks.
Services We Offer
KDC staff members provide support in the home and community, at times that work best for each individual.
Services may include
- Nutrition education, along with meal planning and preparation
- Coordination of and transportation to medical services
- Initial application and re-eligibility of benefits, including Social Security, MassHealth, SNAP (nutrition assistance), and affordable housing
Supported Living can help with
- Physical fitness and wellness
- Money management and budgeting
- Daily living skills development and practice
- Social and recreation support in the community
KDC ensures that all caregivers (whether provider or other staff) receive comprehensive initial and ongoing training: CPR/First Aid Certification, Human Rights DPPC, and additional, tailored trainings depending upon the individual needs of the care recipient.
Our Supported Living staff members have experience planning with adults with developmental disabilities to reach individual goals. Plus, they are experts in the local community, to help KDC individuals connect with other resources and opportunities
Who We Serve
Our Supported Living program serves individuals with developmental disabilities individuals ages 22 and older, who, because of medical and/or cognitive challenges, are unable to live independently.